Join us at 6:30 pm, at the Memorial Union, on UW-Madison campus, 800 Langdon St.
Check 'Today in the Union' on March 22, to see the exact location.
The 4th Nano Café 'Grande' will be a special Nano Café event.
The first three Cafés gave overviews of benefits and risks of nanotechnology.
The 4th Nano Café will focus on Nanotechnology and Public Health, and will deal with the question "is the widespread use of nano-antimicrobials beneficial for public health?."
This concern was raised by citizens at the third Café and discussion of the topic brought on additional questions.
- What kinds of products include nano-antimicrobials?
- How do nano-antimicrobials work? What are their effects and benefits?
- Are nano-antimicrobials toxic for health? for the environment?
- Does a potential for microbial resistance to these nanomaterials exist?
- What are the pros and cons of a regulation in this field?